Pecan Pound Cake
1 lb. Butter (4 sticks)
1 lb. Powdered Sugar
2 Cups Eggs (8-10 medium or large)
1 Tbsp. Brandy (or Vanilla Extract)
½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
¼ Teaspoon Mace
4 Cups Flour (sifted)
1 Cup Pecans (Chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease the bottom of a 10 -inch tube pan or Bundt pan.
- In a small skillet, sauté pecans in two tablespoons of the butter until lightly browned. Set aside to cool while mixing cake.
- Cream butter until fluffy, add sugar and beat until very well blended
- Add flavoring and spices and mix again
- Add flour gradually and beat until light and well-mixed.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 1 to 1 ¼ hours or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.