Pecan Crusted Fried Chicken
2lbs. Chicken thighs and legs
1 ½ Cups Pecans (Finely Chopped)
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Cornmeal
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Teaspoons Black pepper
½ Cup Butter
4 Cups Vegetable Oil
- Cut chicken into pieces, wash well and pat dry.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix eggs and melted butter.
- Dip chicken pieces into the liquid mixture, then toss in dry mixture to coat thoroughly. Repeat step for thick-coated chicken.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet and add chicken a few at a time. Fry about 10-12 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towel or rack.