Chocolate Pecan Pie
2 Squares (1oz each) Unsweetened Chocolate
3 Tablespoons Butter
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
¾ Cup Sugar
3 Eggs (slightly beaten)
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Pecans (chopped)
9-inch Pie Crust (unbaked)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- Combine corn syrup and sugar; simmer two minutes in separate pan.
- Add chocolate mixture to syrup mixture and cool.
- Add salt to slightly beaten eggs
- Use pan large enough to add syrup mixture to eggs, slowly stirring constantly.
- Blend in vanilla and chopped pecans.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust and baked for 35 minutes.
- Optional: top pie with whole pecans before cooking, if desired.